Everyday carry has become one of the most popular methods of being prepared. However, you’ll agree with me that determining which items are the most useful to keep on hand isn’t always easy. Thousands of possibilities are available, most of which are based on your lifestyle, region, and most significantly personality.
Make sure that each component of your EDC serves a particular and meaningful purpose. Your EDC must-haves should always prepare you for the worst-case scenario while also empowering you to perform at your best daily. If you’re trying to come up with a go-to list of EDC products, this article will help you out.
EDC Gear Styles and Features
When it comes to selecting items for your everyday carry gear, you have a lot of alternatives. To make things a bit easier, here is a list of EDC gear styles and their features.
Gerber Gear Dime Multi-Tools
Despite being tiny than a Bic lighter, the Gerber Gear Dime is efficient and comfortable to use. It comes with a variety of tools including scissors, pliers, a knife, and many more. There’s an externally attached bottle opener , accurate plier jaws, and a cool selection of colors on the Dime. Below are some important features to keep in mind while purchasing a multi-tool:
- Portability. The Gerber Gear Dime multi-tool is lightweight and easy to carry along. Some have pre-installed hooks to attach to a belt loop or a keychain, while others include pocket clips. These features are a plus when we talk of mobility of your multitool.
- The material. The kind of material used to manufacture Gerber Gear Dime is of high quality. This is a guarantee of its durability.
- Size. Many individuals are concerned about the amount and type of space that their tool will occupy. If you want a lot of functionality from your multi-tool, you may need to reduce the size of your other EDC items. That is where Gerber Gear Dime multitool will come in handy.
Zero Tolerance 0450CF
This pocket knife is extremely durable and built to last. It only comes in one style, but it may be used for many other things. It’s a handy item to have around the house, but it also comes in handy for outdoor activities.
The blade measures 3.25 inches in length. It’s made of S35VN steel, which is extremely tough and chip-resistant. The edge retention will pleasantly surprise you. A razor-sharp edge and a sharp tip characterize the drop point blade. It also has a nice DLC coating that gives it a dark appearance.
The folding knife is easy to open and close. There is a significant amount of effort necessary. You may carry it around in your pocket without worrying about it accidentally opening. Make sure you hand-wash the knife rather than putting it in the dishwasher. Make sure it’s burnt before closing and storing it. The following are the key characteristics of a zero tolerance 0450CF:
- Folding blade. This is often regarded as the best option for everyday use. They may appear to be weaker than fixed blades, but getting yourself an everyday carry pocket knife all day is far more convenient than carrying a fixed survival knife.
- Straight edge. The serrations of the knife are usually closer to the handle, making it impossible to use the straight section of the blade. A blade with a straight edge will be far more adaptable than one with a serrated edge
- Locking mechanism. Make sure your custom knife has a strong locking mechanism. This will keep it from becoming a hazard rather than a tool. The locking mechanisms should entirely stop the blade from moving until you press a specific section of the knife.
Tuopuke EDC wallet
The Tuopuke EDC wallet looks and feels a lot like the Ridge, but it’s a fraction of the price. It’s built of carbon fiber for strength and durability, yet it’s extremely light and compact. This is about the same size as a credit card, but somewhat larger.
When completely extended, it can store up to 12 cards and 9 banknotes. And, just like the Ridge, getting the cards out is a breeze — simply push them out with your thumb and you will have instant access to any one you need. Check out some of Tuopuke EDC walle features below.
- They come with a few multitool sets that can come in handy in a pinch. Some wallets include a knife and paracord, whereas others can be used to open bottles.
- Long-lasting. This wallet is made to last, and they can survive daily use while still operating as expected.
- You won’t have to worry if the weather decides to play tricks on you because most of these wallets don’t allow water in.
- Perfect fit. There are very low chances of losing the wallet since it is designed to fit perfectly in your shirt pocket.
Casio G-Shock Watch
The Casio G-Shock series is regarded as one of the best outdoor watches ever made. This must be mentioned while discussing tactical watches. And the Military model, the 6900, is more than a testament to that. Aside from standing shocks, drops, and bumps, the 6900 can withstand 200 meters of water. The launch is therefore great for swimming and splashing.
- This function maintains a record of the minutes as they pass, as well as counts up and down. A good wristwatch for everyday wear is more than just a piece of jewelry. It can also be used as a temporal multitool to keep you on track.
- Instead of pulling your smartphone out of your pocket in public, a single glance at your wrist will provide you with timely information. They can go places your phone can’t. During camps, a long conference, or even at the beach, for example.
- The watch and the attachments that encircled it are the main emphases of this. Cases are frequently made of metals like aluminum and steel. ECD watches are also available in alternative materials like ceramic and carbon fiber.
Gerber Impromptu Tactical Pen
The Impromptu Tactical Pen is made of machined steel and comes with a tempered steel tip that not only shatters windows but can also be used as a self-defense weapon if necessary. An ink cartridge that can write successfully in all postures and in wet or dry weather is revealed by a simple, reliable push button mechanism. It fits easily in your pocket at 5.59 inches and remains put with a stainless steel pocket clip, allowing you to retrieve it quickly when you need it.
Several EDC knife manufacturers have improved favorite everyday carry pens by milling new metal bodies. These pens have more weight, a more premium feel in the hand, and a longer lifespan than disposable plastic pens. Machined pens are compatible with a wide range of refills, so you will be able to choose something that suits your writing style. Some of the features of the Impromptu Tactical Pen include:
- Durability: They have a long life span because they are made of quality materials which can withstand different conditions.
- There are dozens of pens with different shapes, colors, and sizes. You can go for the best that fits your taste and preference.
- This pen generally weighs less. This enables you to move around with them freely without straining.
- Different colors: You have seen red, blue, or green writings. Pens offer different colors to pick from depending on your preferences.
EDC Products That Feature a More Versatile Fit
Shieldon’s Boa is a small pocket knife. The blade is 3.5 mm thick and 97 mm long. Boa has a 14.45 mm handle thickness, a total length of 222 mm, and a weight of 127 grams. Let’s take a closer look at this Shieldon pocket knife’s characteristics.
Quality Handle Materials. G10 is used to make the handles on Boa knives. This high-quality handle material is ideal for those looking for a knife with a comfortable grip and high-grade Blade Materials.
High-grade Blade Materials. The blades of Boa pocket knives are composed of D2 material, which is extremely robust and guarantees that the blades function well. You may be confident that these blades will fulfill your needs and allow you to go about your everyday activities without difficulty.
HRC Blade Reliability. Boa’s blades have a consistent hardness, ensuring their durability and use. Boa knives have HRC values ranging from 58 to 60.
Simple to Use. The majority of Boa knives are easy to use and made to withstand the elements. These knives are rather light, allowing you to utilize them for a wide range of jobs.
A paracord is a thin nylon rope used to suspend parachute lines. Military personnel, survivalists, and regular people use it because of its versatility and wide range of applications. This excellent tool can assist you in improving your emergency readiness as well as your daily duties participation. More information on the EDC paracord features is listed below.
Strength. A paracord is able to hold weight up to 550 pounds. That is a clear indication of its strength.
Flexibility. Yarn components can be pulled apart and removed from a paracord when finer strings are required. Many strands of usable cordage can be made from a single strand of paracord. Despite this, the individual components are versatile and light.
Damage resistance. The outer casing of each paracord unfolds to reveal several inner threads and individual strands within those yarns. The extra yarns and strands improve damage resistance. The rope will not completely disintegrate after being nicked. The strands of the cable will still hold it together.
Olight i1R 2 EOS
It is a good idea to own an LED flashlight in your everyday carry. It is not about the one on the back of your smartphone. While your phone’s LED might be useful in a pinch, an EDC flashlight is a more trustworthy solution. Because some of us spend more time at the gym or on the sports field than we do anywhere else, an EDC flashlight like the Olight i1R 2 EOS can make life a lot easier.
This torch on a keychain is little under 1.75 inches long and 0.58 inches wide. While not a defensive light, this flashlight nevertheless produces 150 lumens and has a maximum throw of 40 meters, which is impressive for such a small piece of equipment. Simply rotate the bezel from off to low, then from low to high to turn on the light.
The light produces a short-range, five-lumen output on low, which is extremely useful in daily life, but the IPX8 grade assures that it can withstand a deluge or an unexpected dive in the water. Let us have a detailed look at some of the Olight i1R 2 EOS flashlight features:
- Saving energy. Olight i1R 2 EOS flashlights have LED lights installed in them to help conserve energy thanks to technology.
- Olight i1R 2 EOS flashlights are currently waterproof this means they don’t allow in water that can damage their internal parts.
- They are currently available in different designs, shapes, and colors to offer a pool of choices for users.
- Olight i1R 2 EOS flashlights are made of quality materials to withstand harsh conditions.
- Longer runtime. With advanced technology and the introduction of LED light techniques, most flashlights are able to operate for a longer time.
- Rechargeable. flashlights are nowadays rechargeable. In the past, most people were using disposal batteries to light up their flashlights. The rechargeable flashlights are quite costly but they save a lot of cash in the process.
In general, your EDC is a reflection of you. That is to say, you can always make anything you want of it. Having a few different groupings of gear, testing new items, or even tailoring your loadout for a given event are all possibilities. The basic approach discussed above will get you started on the path to EDC greatness. If you have any inquiries about the Shieldon EDC knife, feel ready to contact us.